It's hard to believe that today I have the privilege of being married to probably the nicest guy in the world for 21 years. I'm not sure why I get to be so lucky, but God gave me a great gift when Vic King entered my life. So, here's the top 10 reasons why I'm glad I'm married to Vic.
10. Without Vic, I would have no Conner and Courtney. And I honestly can't imagine life and love without these two precious gifts.
9. Vic can grill the best onion burgers around. He is the master of the onion burger, which is probably why I don't weigh the same as I did when we got married!
8. If you look on Google images of a golden retriever, I think there's a photo of Vic. He is truly one of the most loyal men I know. He's loyal to his job, his family and most importantly, to God.
7. I've never heard him say a bad word about a person. Seriously. He always see the good in people and he is a true friend.
6. He is generous. I've seen him give money to a homeless man, pledge way more than I thought we could afford in a church capital campaign, and always be the last in our family to buy for himself. If you look in his closet, he has one suit. Seriously, the man probably needs to shop a little more.
5. He gives me many illustrations for speaking topics. Vic has given our whole family many stories that keep people laughing for a long time. My mom says I should write a book about "Vic antics." Latest this summer: shaving his chest in the ocean right next to the yacht club where we were staying.
4. He's content to be the husband of a woman in ministry. That may seem weird, but how many men do you know who have a wife in full time ministry? I truly could not do my job if it weren't for the support of Vic.
3. He loves children and youth. For the past 21 years, I have seen Vic be a volunteer church youth worker for 20 years and a children's Bible Study Fellowship leader for more than 10. Not many men will get up on Friday mornings and be at a BSF training meeting at 5:15 a.m. for more than 10 years!
2. He lives on Frederick time. Frederick is a small town in Oklahoma where Vic served as a youth pastor before we were married. You can get anywhere in town in 5 minutes. We have lived in Oklahoma City all 21 years and Vic still thinks you can get anywhere in 5 minutes. That's why we're always late. But, he definitely doesn't get stressed out about time.
1. The top reason I'm glad I'm married to Vic is because he is a man after God's own heart. For all my weaknesses and faults, he still loves me with the love of Christ and I believe he would do anything for me. That's a love worth finding.
Ephesians 5:25 "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her."